Monday, March 15, 2010

Coconut Pie With Fresh Mango


The other day I made a coconut pie with fresh mangoes. I was watching My Kitchen Rules, where one of the contestants made a coconut pie and as most people know, I am a lover of all things with coconut - so I had to try and make something similar. It's not the same coconut pie from the show but just something I put together with ingredients I had on hand.

This is a great moist cake, perfect for summer. And very easy to make.

Coconut Pie with Fresh Mangoes
Serves 2

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut (desiccated coconut works too)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 75g white sugar
- 75g slivered or sliced almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- juice from half an orange
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 120ml coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of plain flour

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180ÂșC
2. Mix shredded coconut with olive oil and spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place under grill for a few minutes or until golden. Watch it doesn't burn as the coconut only needs a few moments to get toasted.
3. Place the shredded coconut in a bowl and add all the ingredients. Mix well and pour into a greased ovenproof dish.
4. Bake for 45-60minutes (until a skewer goes in and out of it clean)
5. Serve warm with fresh mango

No comments:

Post a Comment