These muffins are so moist!! They have a very different consistency to your usual muffin. These muffins don't look particularly amazing however they taste delicious! This recipe is from www.taste.com.au. I changed the recipe a little and added cinnamon and used plain flour rather than self raising and tweaked some of the measurements so there wasn't as much oil used.
Banana and Yoghurt Muffins
- 2 bananas, peeled and mashed (preferably older as they have more flavour and are easier to mash)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yoghurt (I used natural no fat yoghurt)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a bowl mix mashed banana, egg, oil and yoghurt into a smooth mixture.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon, mix.
4. Add flour and bicarb, half at a time, mix until just combined.
5. Place mixture into muffin tin or silicone muffin holders, filling only till 3/4 full.
6. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, test with a skewer. Take muffins out of oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating. Enjoy!