This is mums recipe for Russian chicken patties called Katletki. Smelling katletki cooking, reminds me of home and takes me back to the days I would come home from school and be so excited for mums dinner. This is my ultimate comfort food!!
- 500 grams good quality chicken mince
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil for frying
1. Grate the onion into a large bowl. Mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
2. Add the chicken mince, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and paprika to the bowl and mix well.
3. Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to evenly cover the pan. Once the frying pan is hot, add tablespoons of the mixture to the pan. Let the patties brown then flip them over. Bring the heat down to low and once the patties are brown on both sides add 1-2 tablespoons of water and cover. Let them cook for about 5 minutes. Take off the lid and allow them to fry for another few minutes on either side. Remove from pan.
4. Repeat this process until all the mixture is used.
5. Serve with pasta, rice, potato, salad or bread.