I made this salad using canned fruit as I was craving fruit salad but couldn't find many exotic fruit at the green grocer. It turned out surprisingly good. Simone came over that night for dinner and brought over some other canned fruit that we added to the salad. This is a lovely and refreshing dessert, which looks and tastes great!
Exotic Fruit Salad
- 1 can lychees
- half fresh paw paw
- 1 can jackfruit
- small punet of strawberries
- 1 can of mango cheeks (use fresh mango if it's available)
- 1 can of logans
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
1. Wash and cut paw paw and strawberries into chunks, add to serving bowl
2. Open lychee can and drain syrup into a saucepan. Place the lychees into the serving bowl.
3. Drain the logans and pineapple chunks and add to serving bowl.
4. Drain mango cheeks and jackfruit. Slice them into thin strips and add to the bowl.
5. In the saucepan with the lychee syrup, add the sugar and finely chopped mint. Put it over a very low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the salad and place in the fridge for an hour. Enjoy