Monday, May 10, 2010
Veal Marsala with Creamy Mushroom Sauce and Potato Mash
Veal is one of my favourite meats but I have never cooked with it but rather ordered it out at restaurants. This is the first time I cooked the veal and it turned out tender and flavoursome. Note that veal doesn't need a lot of different flavours, it doesn't freeze well and it only needs a few minutes on each side to cook through, any longer and it will become tough.
- 2 veal, schnitzel or 4 escalopes
- 50g of flour
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 tablespoons marsala
- 4 tablespoons stock (i used chicken real stock)
- 40g butter
1. Spread flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the veal in the flour.
2. Heat the pan. Add butter. Once the foam of the butter subsides, place the veal onto the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side and remove from pan.
3. Turn down the heat to medium heat. Add the marsala and stock to the pan. Scrape the meat and flour residue from the pan and let the sauce cook for 3 -4 minutes.
4. Pour the sauce over the meat and serve.